Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Norwich
Our client is looking for a positive, enthusiastic, and passionate Veterinary Surgeon to come and join their wonderful team of vets, nurses, and support staff.
They have a supportive, experienced team and across the Norwich group with certificate holders in surgery and ophthalmology and four other vets currently studying for certificates. They have a brand-new ultrasound, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, endoscopy, tonometry, slit lamp, multi-parameter units for both theatres, and a full in-house lab.
This is a very busy small animal first opinion practice with 4 consulting rooms, a theatre, prep room, imaging room, dog and cat wards, isolation, and a lovely new reception area with separate cat and dog waiting areas.
They have a varied caseload with the ability to work up cases in-house and clinical freedom to do so. They are always looking to improve standards with regular clinical meetings, journal clubs, and CPD. They are always striving to improve the work-life balance and the mental health of the team. They have recently appointed a mental health first aider and are implementing the BVA good workplace guide.
The Role and Candidate:
- A full or part-time veterinary surgeon. They are flexible with the hours.
- Someone confident with all routine first opinion work, however, there would always be support available for those needing support in some areas.
- Positive team player.
- Organised and structured
- Good ability to manage time well.
- Passionate and the willingness to provide excellent patient and client care.
- Ideally, for a full-time position a 4-day week (9am-7pm with an hour's lunch) and a set day off each week but they are happy to discuss other options.
- 1:4 weekends (Saturday 9am-6pm and Sunday 10.30am-4.30pm)
- No Out of Hours
- Good communication skills.
- A positive, happy and supportive working environment.
- Competitive salary scale appropriate to experience - Salary range £30,000-£50,000 (FTE)
- A wonderful team of 4 vets, 4 RVNs, 2 students RVNs, and lots of support staff.
- A qualified dog behaviourist who offers in-house behavioural consultations and puppy classes.
- Zero tolerance policy on inappropriate behaviour and language from clients and staff.
- 20-minute appointments slots for all types of appointments.
- Good work-life balance
- Strongly promotes recycling
- Open to part-time working
- Clear job descriptions and expectations
- Regular pay reviews
- Regular career development reviews
- Generous CPD per annum of £1000 with added support towards certificates.
- Excellent Clinical Support
- Free In house Learning and Development CPD Portal
- Regular Vet and Nurse Clinical Club meetings
- Certificates and Special Interests supported and encouraged.
- Encourage non-clinical CPD (leadership and development)
- Encourage feedback and ideas to move the business forward
- Paid membership for RCVS, VDS
- Companion Pension Scheme
- 40 % veterinary staff discount
- 5 weeks holiday per annum, increasing to 6 weeks after 1 full years’ service(Jan-Dec).
- Your birthday off as an additional days holiday (or within a month of that date)
- 1-week full pay sick pay after 1 full years' service increasing with length of service(Jan-Dec).
- No OOH
- Exclusive colleague discounts including High Street retailers and restaurants.
Ref: JN -012022-23488
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details