Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Oldham
Type: Small Animal
Location: Oldham, Lancashire
Practice: Part of a group
Team: As their new vet you will be working alongside their current, and very experienced vet, who has a keen interest in feline medicine. You will also have an excellent team of 5 long-serving, hands-on nurses for support. They run their own nurse consults and are happy to get involved in schedule 3 procedures. They have a lovely support team made up of 3 receptionists, a practice manager, and a practice director. They are a down-to-earth bunch, who are ready to welcome a new face to their practice!
Facilities: They are well equipped with diagnostics including an in-house lab, digital x-ray, and ultrasound. Their theatre is kitted out for soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery if you have an interest in this area.
- Ideally, the position would be 38 hours worked throughout the week, but this is flexible and open to negotiation.
- Their working day ends at 6 pm and there are no out-of-hours.
- Weekend work would be 1 in 3 Saturday mornings (9 am until 12 pm).
Sole Charge: Yes
Branch Work: No
- They are a busy, first opinion practice with a lovely client base.
- This role will involve a mix of consulting and surgery.
- Any areas of particular interest are welcomed and CPD is encouraged.
- The successful candidate will be confident, relatively experienced, and ready to get stuck in!
- Ideally, their new team member will have adequate experience to be able to consult and operate independently.
- They can get fairly busy so the ability to work under pressure is an advantage.
- RCVS registration is essential, and extra certification desirable.
Salary: The salary for the role is up to £60,000 depending on experience (FTE).
Benefits: They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises, and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Relocation allowance of up to £3,000
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -082022-26037
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details