Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Penzance, Cornwall
The practice is an independent small animal and equine practice in Penzance. They are dedicated to nurturing a future generation of Veterinary professionals and are an approved training centre for Veterinary Nurses.
They are also very proud to be an accredited practice with the RCVS and have maintained that status year on year because of the high standards that they achieve.
The practice sees around 90% small animals and 10% equine. Companion encompasses the usual, plus a few alpacas, chickens, and backyard pets.
- The role is to join a team of 4 other Vets, 5 RVNs, 1 VCA, plus 3 receptionists.
- They have a main branch and a consulting-only branch.
- The support staff is truly amazing!
- The work hours are 8 am -5 pm or 9 am - 6 pm alternating week to week. A 3 or 4 day week within Monday to Friday, plus 2 Saturday mornings a month (9 am - 1 pm)
- OOH: 1:4 during the week and 1:4 weekends with nurse support (vet support if new grad too) Friday off after weekend on call if you are a permanent vet.
- The practice is happy to consider all levels of experience from New graduate to a Vet with lots of experience.
- No previous equine experience is needed.
- In return, they are offering a competitive salary of £32,000 (new graduate) upward plus CPD plus holiday
- The practice has a lovely team and often goes out together, gets practice-paid nights out, Domino's lunches on busy days, cakes, and chocolate!
- The practice is currently undergoing improvements, so will have lovely new kennels, cattery, surgical suite, and prep room.
Ref: JN -082021-21844
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details