Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Perth
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: Their surgery is built to modern industry-leading standards and is well equipped with all the essentials including a brand-new Multi-parameter, Digital X-ray, Blood analysers, Ultrasound, Drip pump, designated theatre, and separate cat, dog, and isolation wards.
Team Info: Their team consists of two progressive, senior vets (with a combined experience of over sixty years!) who are happy to mentor and pass on their knowledge in a supportive and constructive way. You will also be supported by an experienced Head Nurse/JVP and one FT RVN, one PT Veterinary Care Assistant, two Client Care Advisors, and a supportive Practice Manager. They are also currently recruiting another PT RVN to join their team. In addition, they have a great relationship with their Area Regional Manager (ARM) who is always on hand for extra support and advice.
Role: Due to a valued member of their Vet team leaving for their dream job, they are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to join their team.
Hours: They offer full or part-time hours and are happy to discuss a rota that is flexible to your commitments, whether that be weekend only, childcare friendly, full or half days, or whatever you require to achieve the work-life balance you need.
Opening Hours: They are open 8:30 am to 7 pm on weekdays, 9 am to 6 pm Saturdays, and 10 am to 6 pm Sundays
Weekend Rota: Is currently 1 in 2 weekends, which will extend to 1 in 3
OOHS: There are no OOH, with Vets Now Dundee, covering all their OOH emergencies.
- Your workload will be 100% small animal and some exotics and will include a range of first opinion consultations, medical workups, and surgery.
- Standard 15-30 minute appointments are made for all small animal medical cases.
- Their team works together to ensure everyone gets their lunch break and they plan dedicated periods for admin tasks such as case follow-ups and lab reports.
- Ideally, you will have two or more years of practice experience with a strong interest in first opinion general practice and surgery.
- They would however consider a new graduate and in which case you will receive structured mentoring.
- By joining them you will be part of a dynamic team, whose main clinical focus is on preventive health, and they pride themselves on excellent client care and pet welfare standards, so it is essential that you have the same values and high standards as their current team.
- This position would be ideal for a vet who thrives on being part of a supportive team, building rapport with a loyal client base, and providing a high level of clinical care for patients.
Salary: Competitive salary (£31,000- £60,000 p/a depending on experience)
- Relocation package – up to £5k
- Professional memberships paid – RCVS, VDS, and BSAVA
- CPD allowance
- Holiday entitlement: 5.6 weeks holiday increasing to 6.6 following 2 years service plus Birthday off (or time off in lieu depending on rota)
- Parents: Maternity Pay / Adoption Pay/ Paternity Pay/ Shared Parental Leave Pay
- Career Break- Career Break - available to take between 3 - 12 months unpaid break from the business following 1 years service
- Compassionate leave: Up to 5 days leave for immediate family (sibling, parent, spouse, child), 1 day to attend a funeral
- Pet'ernity leave: 1-day compassionate leave for losing a pet
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Structured supportive mentoring
- Mental Health support
- Income Protection: After 1 years’ service 75% of income (less stat benefits) for up to 5 years
- Death in Service- 4x Annual Salary
- Sick Pay
- Port of Call (Addiction services)
- Pension: 3% employer/5% employee
Ref: JN -102022-26752
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details