Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Reading
Our client looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to further expand their team of dedicated vets and help increase the services they offer to clients.
Role: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Location: Berkshire, Reading
Practice: Small Animal
Team: They are an 8 vet (FTE) team with ECVS specialists in soft tissue and orthopaedics who visit once a week. They have a medicine certificate holder and 2 vets working towards the BSAVA Ophthalmology and Surgery certificates who are keen to share skills and knowledge.
It is a nurse training practice and has a large team of passionate registered veterinary nurses, student veterinary nurses, and animal nursing assistants who are always on-site and provide excellent care to our inpatients. The dedicated nurses/administrators perform all insurance paperwork and work alongside with the
friendly reception team!
Facilities: The thriving, large practice in the centre of Reading. Situated in a purpose-built building they have separate dog and cat waiting rooms through to separate theatres. They have CT, video endoscopy, digital x-ray, and good quality Doppler ultrasound machine, slit-lamp biomicroscopy, tonometer, and well-stocked in-house Idexx laboratory. They are currently installing digital dental x-ray in the dedicated dental suite and upgrading the cat kennels to fit gold standard ISFM. They are lucky to have separate exotics ward for our smaller friends away from predator species and dedicated ‘farewell’ rooms for euthanasia in a softer setting. They happily develop facilities and equipment to suit the team and their interests.
They have a large on-site car park for staff and client parking with CCTV. They have a dedicated mindfulness room upstairs in the practice to enable people to relax away from the stresses of day to day role.
- Full time would cover 40 hours per week
- Shifts 8 am - 7pm, 8.30am -7pm, 10am - 7pm or 8am - 4pm, over 4 days.
- 2:5 Saturday mornings (finishing at 1 pm.
- You will have 1:5 Saturdays off giving you a 4 day weekend, with your other days off falling on Monday and Friday!
Sole Charge: No
Branch Work: No
Applicant Requirements: They are looking for a candidate competent in day-to-day procedures but who they can support in development and further their learning. They are happy with consult only or consult and operating mix.
Salary: Competitive Salary (DOE)
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service (6.6 weeks holiday pro rata.)
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme service
- related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packagesCareer progression opportunities
Ref: JN -052022-25070
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details