Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Redditch, Worcestershire
Type: Small Animal
Location: The Redditch area in North Worcestershire
Practice Type: Part of a group
Services/Facilities: The practice is a large purpose-built premise, they are well equipped with an excellent range of diagnostic facilities. It includes five consult rooms, two operating theatres, a very large prep room with two tables, a diagnostic suite (with digital X-ray and ultrasound), a dental suite (with dental X-ray), comprehensive Idexx In-house laboratory equipment, tonopen, plus all the other usual tools. They have a separate dog ward, cat ward, small fury ward, and isolation ward (this is on a separate floor from other wards).
Role: They are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join their successful and growing first opinion small animal practice.
Hours: They know how important work-life balance is so their rotas are not only flexible and fair but they continue to review them with their team to make sure everyone's getting what they need!
- Full-time colleagues work a 40-hour week, with one full weekday off. One hour fully paid lunch break. Long weekend off after working a weekend. Birthday off.
- Vets work 1:3 weekends: Saturday 9am to 5pm, Sunday 10am to 4pm. After working a weekend, you will have Thursday and Friday off the following week (giving a very nice long weekend!). This means you get 20 hours back after working only 14 hours! This covers for any extra time one may work. It works out that all full-time colleagues are paid for 40 hours a week, but actually on average work 38 hours.
- On Bank Holidays they open under Sunday hours, 10am to 4pm with the bank holidays shared evenly between the team. At the end of each year, bank holidays and weekends for full following calendar year are planned, allowing vets to plan their year.
- They run 20-minute consultation appointments, which gives a good time with pet owners, helping them deliver theirr standards of care.
- Vets have a 1-hour lunch break and 1 hour of admin time every day.
- Though they close at 7 pm, the last booked appointment is at 6 pm. This allows vets to also have time at the end of the day, to catch up on phone calls, write clinical notes, etc.
- Vets all get shared consultation and surgical time; depending on their interest this may be more one way or the other, or split half a half.
- No out-of-hours, as they have an out-of-hours provider, which they divert practice phones to when they are closed.
- Very flexible rota
- Holidays: 5.6weeks holiday per year, which increased to 6.6 weeks after working two calendar years (January to December).
- All colleagues are enrolled in a pension scheme and have the option of enrolling in Private healthcare.
- Annual RCVS and VDS fees are paid by the practice. Also BVA subscription.
- Generous CPD allowance, £1,500 with flexibility.
- Work Visa/Sponsorship if required
- They have a practice subscription to ISFM and Vetstream.
Ref: JN -102022-26719
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details