Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Skipton
Type: Small animal
Location: Skipton, North Yorkshire
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: They are an expanding Veterinary Hospital that has been providing veterinary care for over 80 years, successfully combining a traditional ethos of care with progressive modern medicine. The practice is proud to be a referral centre for cardiology and soft tissue surgery. They have an in-house laboratory, ECG, digital x-ray, rigid and flexible endoscopy, ultrasound with colour flow Doppler, 24-hour on-site nursing care, CPD, and further qualifications encouraged.
Team: The team consists of 7 vets, 10 RVNs, 2 SVN plus a supportive administration team including Clinical Director. The team is down-to-earth and friendly and look forward to welcoming a new member of staff to the team. You will be supported by multi-disciplinary certificate holders, they have certificate holders in Cardiology and Small Animal Medicine, and one of the vets holds Advanced Practitioner status in surgery.
Role: The role will include a good mix of consulting and operating with consultations being 15 minutes long. You will be joining an experienced and clinically strong team and be fully supported by multi-disciplinary certificate holders. The staff has access to a wide range of specialists that run clinics in Kingsway. They refer a limited number of cases due to the expertise within the team so if you enjoy working up your own cases and seeing things through to completion this is the perfect opportunity for you. They understand that everyone’s situation is different. Therefore, they are happy to consider all shift patterns, and will even offer flexibility with your duties.
Applicant Requirement: They are looking for a skilled small animal Veterinary Surgeon who is a great team player with a caring manner. The successful candidate will also be a great communicator both with the team and clients. They actively encourage further development and provide a supportive environment to nurture your interests. The ideal candidate demonstrates effective team-working abilities, and good time management, with a focus on providing gold-standard veterinary care.
Hours: A full-time role would involve working 40 hours per week over 4 or 5 days dependent on shift patterns. The out-of-hours rota consists of working 1 week in 6 on-call between the hours of 5 pm and 8.30 am. When working on call in the evening you are not required on the dayshift rota. You are required to work 1 weekend in 6 on-call. As outlined above, they are happy to discuss other flexible working such as job-sharing and/ or other shift patterns to suit your needs.
Salary: A salary of up to £75,000 DOE, plus up to £5000 for relocation assistance.
• 6.6 weeks annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• Paid CPD with time off, £1250 plus up to 5 days per year, pro-rata.
• Support to cert level.
• Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
• All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -052023-28834
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details.