Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Southampton
Type: Small Animal
Location: On the outskirts of Southampton
Practice: Part of a group
Team: The practice partner, leads a very experienced team of 6 Nurses and 4 ½ Client Care Advisors who all share a passion for animal welfare. As they have a separate nurse and reception team means there will always be nurses around to support you!
The strongest asset and why people want to work for them is the team. They have a low staff turnover and you will be
Facilities: The practice is bright, spacious, and built to the highest industry-leading standards. We are a very well-equipped practice including a digital X-ray, a dental X-ray, an ultrasound, and an in-house lab.
- The position is ideal for a full-time vet, but they understand how important a good work-life balance is and want to actively promote this.
- They’re flexible on what shifts you will cover and if you need some flexible hours, they’re also happy to find a solution that fits your lifestyle.
- There is no OOH, no Sundays, and they don’t open on bank holidays.
- Their weekday shifts are: 8.30 am-5 pm; 9.30 am-6 pm or 10.30 am-7 pm. They make sure to give back all overtime in lieu
Skills/Exp: There will be some sole charge responsibilities on Saturdays, so someone who is confident and experienced with working solo would be beneficial but not essential as they are also very supportive of any grad candidates.
Branch Work: No
- They’re looking for an experienced vet that’s used to the day-to-day procedures of a small animal practice
- Comfortable with the routine consultations and conditions, building a good relationship with clients and team, and as well happy with the routine surgeries.
- But if you have less experience or you’re a new grad, feel free to contact us anyway because they’ll be happy to support you in growing your vet career.
- They support and encourage independent thinking so you will have plenty of clinical freedom.
Salary: Competitive Salary dependent on experience
Benefits: As you would expect from the market leader in animal veterinary care, they offer a supportive working environment together with career development opportunities, an excellent package, and great benefits:
- 4 weeks of paid holiday a year
- Generous CPD allowance up to Certificate level
- Fully organised and funded Working Visa
- All bank holidays off
- RCVS fees are fully funded
- Pension and exclusive company discounts and rewards
Ref: JN -072022-25936
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details