Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Southampton
Type: Small Animal
Practice: Two site practice that is part of a group
Facilities: Both clinics are well equipped with ultrasound, digital radiography, digital dental radiography, endoscopy, and Idexx laboratory machines (Catalyst and Procyte) and they have two consulting rooms at each site as well as dedicated theatres.
Team: However, the best thing about their clinic is not the equipment, it is their amazing team! There are 6 FTE veterinary surgeons with experience ranging from 3 to 36 years qualified, all of which are excellent, all-round clinicians. They have 10 FTE nurses across the two sites allowing them to have a 3:1 support to surgeon ratio. They have 4 FTE receptionists across the two sites and multiple official veterinarians.
Role: They have an exciting opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their friendly practices
Hours: They are looking for a qualified vet to work full time with them, Ideally working 36 - 40 hours - Preferably full days - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Tuesday off or 4 hours.
Shifts: Hours between 8.30 am and 7.00 pm with 2/5 weekends in 5 (only Saturdays 8.30 am – 12.00 noon) - Usually 9 hours per day and a 4 hour day.
Applicant Requirements: An experienced veterinary surgeon is required with RCVS membership. The right to work in the UK is essential.
Salary: The salary for this role will be up to £50,000 depending on experience.
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -042022-24950
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details