Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - St Austell
Type: Small Animal
Location: St Austell, Cornwall
Practice: The practice itself is purpose-built to industry-leading standards and has all the equipment you'd expect from a thriving GP practice which includes a separate cat and dog waiting area, 2 consult rooms, and an x-ray room/nurse consult room. They have an exciting expansion in the planning for 2024/25.
Team: In joining this team, you'll be working alongside an experienced and stable team of 2.5 vets, 1 of whom is studying for a Small Animal Medicine Certificate. They have an exceptional and loyal team of 2.5 RVNs, 1 VCA, 1 student Nurse, and a 4-strong front-of-house team, all supported by their Practice Manager who is also a qualified RVN and Mental Health First Aider.
Role: They are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their friendly team.
Duties: Their days are well structured with consults given 15 minutes as standard (based on the teams' individual preferences) and with time for breaks, emergencies, admin, and lunch all factored into your day. They also get together every morning for a daily ‘natter', as well as holding a quarterly team meeting and regular informal check-ins.
- As this role is about expanding their brilliant team and what they can offer their clients, they're happy to be flexible and consider a variety of hours.
- Ideally, they'd be looking for between 22-30 hours a week with some Saturdays
- If these hours don't quite suit you and you're looking for a rota and role that works around your existing responsibilities and/or hobbies, then they'd still love to hear from you and would be happy to talk about your preferred hours.
- No out-of-hours or Sundays
Candidate: In joining their team and supporting a great community and client base, they are looking for a colleague with solid GP experience, a team player with great communication skills, and someone who shares their passion for providing the highest level of veterinary care. This is a great place for you to grow and whilst they can't consider new graduates at this time, they do have excellent and friendly mentors to help you along the way.
Salary: The starting salary is around £50,000 p/a dependent on experience, plus paid overtime!
- Paid holiday of 28 days (5.6 weeks), rising to 33 days (6.6 weeks) after 2 years of service
- Paid professional memberships including RCVS and BVA
- Dedicated and very generous CPD allowance and time off including funding towards Certificates after 1 year in service
- Life assurance 4 x annual salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Colleague reward hub - exclusive offers and discounts online and on the high street
Ref: JN -122023-30187
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details