Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Upton, Cheshire
Type: Small Animal
Location: Upton, Cheshire
Practice: Part of a group
Facilities: Purpose built in 2017 and provide a well-designed spacious and functional working environment with 4 air-conditioned consult rooms. They have large air-conditioned operating suite, X-ray and hydrotherapy suites, separate cat and dog wards, a huge prep room plus a separate pharmacy. They have a comprehensive range of toys including their own In-house lab (including Idexx Lasercyte Catalyst & Sedivue; Imagyst AI cytology reader) DR digital X-ray, dental X-ray, Doppler ultrasound, multiparameter anaesthetic monitors plus an extensive range of soft tissue and orthopaedic equipment. Separate cat and dog kennelling. Upstairs we have a large staff room complete with sofa and Nespresso machine, CD and PM offices, store, laboratory, isolation and laundry rooms.
Team: Their staff includes highly experienced and enthusiastic RVNs, SVNs and ANSs, dedicated receptionists plus a lovely hardworking dedicated Practice Manager who handles rota’s, H & S, payroll, etc.
Job Description: An exciting opportunity has become available for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their team
Duties: The role is a mix of consulting and operating/procedures, and with the ability to pursue a special interest or work toward a certificate. They have a range of demographics forming their growing client base, with many insured clients or just those wanting the best for their pets, allowing comprehensive medical workups and extensive soft tissue & orthopaedic surgeries. They also work closely with a local RSPCA and undertake a significant volume of work, primarily on cats, as well as 'case animals' for RSPCA inspectors.
Hours: A typical full-time role would involve working 40 hours per week, along with 1:5 Saturdays (09:00 – 17:00). However, they can offer flexibility to create a role that works around your lifestyle.
Applicant Requirements: The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, and enthusiastic, want to use their nursing skills to their full potential, and are keen to develop their knowledge and skills.
Salary: They are offering up to £75,000 pa (FTE) DOE.
- 5 weeks annual leave (not including bank holidays)
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS membership and cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -102023-29876
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details