Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Watford
We are currently working on behalf of an independent practice in Watford, this is looking for a small animal Veterinary Surgeon to join their friendly and supportive team.
This is a large, busy, and forward-thinking practice with a patient-focused ethos. Their practice is well established and has been providing first opinion Veterinary Services, and Veterinary Nurse training for many decades.
They are fully equipped with ultrasound, endoscopy, laparoscopy, ECG, and multi-modal monitors. They currently have 7 FTE Veterinary Surgeons and 13 Registered Veterinary Nurses/Students. They also employ several Support Staff so that their clinical team can concentrate on patient care. One of their Veterinary Surgeons has recently passed her GPCert, and one has a special interest in exotics, along with several of the Nurses help a local wildlife charity with their veterinary needs. Their Vets are diagnosticians, medics, and surgeons, and they are keen to support special interests and CPD.
The Role and Candidate:
The role will consist of carrying out consultations and surgical work. The rota will involve working 40 hours per week spread over 4 days. Weekends are worked on a rota basis, approximately 1:2 Saturdays, to include one full weekend every 5/6 weeks to provide in-patient cover and morning out of hours. VetsNow provides the overnight cover.
They are looking for someone to add to their current team’s knowledge, ideally with some experience in more complex cases, although support can be provided by this experienced team. The successful candidate will be a team player, enthusiastic, and able to provide exceptional care to clients.
The practice is offering a competitive salary of up to £60,000 p/a (DOE) with benefits (subject to Pro Rata):
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -032022-24660
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details