Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Wigan
Type: Small Animal
Location: Wigan, Lancashire
Practice Type: First opinion and referral hospital,
Facilities: They have RCVS hospital status along with “OUTSTANDING” awards from the RCVS. They make a huge difference in the veterinary profession as there are not many places out there like them. Their facilities are outstanding and consist of MRI (in-house), CT (in-house), colour doppler ultrasound, video endoscopy, 3 theatres, and a DR x-ray suite to name a few. The whole hospital is located on one floor so there is no need for stairs or lifts.
Team: They have a great team of staff that works towards the best possible outcome for the patient at costs that are accessible for most clients making them different from most referral centres. With 7 vets, 12 RVNs, and 4 Receptionists making up their cheerful, experienced and knowledgeable support team, clients receive an “outstanding” level of service from them.
Role: Due to the growth of the practice, they are looking for two Veterinary Surgeons to join their team - they are looking for vets who wants to progress and is willing to go the extra mile to ensure strong client-practice relationships are maintained.
- The First Role: Is for a Consulting Only Vet - This is a great opportunity for a vet who enjoys consulting and doesn't wish to carry out any surgeries
- The Second Role: Is for a Vet that wishes to expand into other areas whilst maintaining a great consulting vet. This is a great opportunity for a vet who enjoys consulting and wishes to expand on their knowledge and experience within surgery and imaging
Hours: This is a full-time role where you will be required to work a 4-day week 9 am-6 pm
Weekends: The weekends are only 1 in 6 Saturdays
- They are looking for someone who is a great communicator, who emphasises on outstanding patient care and high client satisfaction.
- This is a great opportunity for a vet who enjoys consulting, does not wish to carry out any surgeries, or a vet who wants support in surgery or imaging.
- With the support of certificate holders in surgery, dermatology, and imaging as well as access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment they offer the ability for vets to work up cases without the need for referral elsewhere.
Salary: This depends on experience but between £30,000-£50,000, they are willing to look at anyone from 1 year out to veterans of the first opinion.
- The candidate would have RCVS fees paid, support from their certificate-holding vets, 40+ year qualified clinical director and in-house CPD from diplomats.
- They have a large practice gym for staff only.
- They have annual staff BBQs and other staff gatherings during the year to ensure the all-out team feels appreciated and included in moving the business forward.
- Staff pension and other benefits are available upon application.
Whatever your requirements, they will make you feel at home here and as you will be an extension of their family they will assist in most things to make you feel welcome.
Ref: JN -072022-25795
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details