Permanent Veterinary Surgeon x 2 - Ripon, North Yorkshire
We are working with a client based in the Ripon area of North Yorkshire who is looking for two Veterinary Surgeons to join them on a permanent basis. The first will be based at their RCVS Hospital and the second will be supporting branch service provision. Applications are welcome from all levels of experience, including newly graduated colleagues, and both part-time and full-time hours (4-day working week with weekend clinics and OOH duties equally shared) would be considered.
This is an independent practice that has been working in partnership with clients for 75 years, servicing the needs of pets, big or small. Over the last ten years, the small animal department has grown a great deal. They were awarded Hospital status in 2014. They are also the only practice in North Yorkshire to have Gold Cat-Friendly accreditation. Operating a 24-hour emergency service staffed by their own vets and nurses and can arrange for home visits in special circumstances. The Small Animal Department offers a wide range of services and cares for any pets' health needs, whether it be puppies' first check-ups or a senior pet. The practice is committed to delivering the high-quality patient and client care that they believe in. They have RCVS Advanced Practitioners in surgery, medicine, and small animal practice as well as a visiting ophthalmologist, dermatologist, cardiologist, ultrasonographer, and MRI scanner.
The Role and Candidate:
They have two positions available within their small animal department:
- The first is based in their RCVS Hospital, ISFM Cat-Friendly Practice
- The second is supporting branch service provision.
Applications are welcome from all levels of experience, including newly graduated colleagues and experienced vets. They welcome applications from both part-time and full-time hours (4-day working week with weekend clinics and OOH duties equally shared) that would be considered.
They have dedicated night vets who cover the weekday night shifts.
You will be joining an amazing team of 14 FTE vets, supported by excellent, experienced, and qualified nurses. They have a wealth of existing experience in the team with Advanced Practitioners in medicine, surgery, dermatology, ophthalmology, and general practice. They encourage and fund personal development and want to help you grow and deliver your expanding skillset.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 5 working weeks annual leave plus 8 recognised Bank Holidays
- 1 paid volunteering day per year at a choice of local charities
- RCVS, VDS, BVA, and one other professional membership paid
- 5 days CPD and £1500 budget per annum with
- Further training/certifications encouraged
- Private Health Care insurance
- The 'People’s Pension' pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme subject to eligibility
- ‘Medicash’ medical cash plan
- ‘Perkbox’ perks and recognition scheme
- Social/Team events throughout the year (including Summer BBQ and Christmas Party)
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to an Employee Assistance Programme for a wide range of information and advice across a range of topics.
- Fruit Monday and Cake Friday
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Staff pet discount scheme
If you are a team player who has the motivation and commitment to make a difference then please get in touch with our team.
Ref: JN -082021-21935
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details