Dependent on Experience
10 months ago
We are currently recruiting on behalf of an independent Tier 3 hospital near Slough in Berkshire who are looking for an experienced first opinion small animal vet to join the team on a permanent basis.
Our client is a privately owned Veterinary Group and has been established in the area for over 100 years. They aim to provide a friendly, caring service supported by a very high standard of facilities and equipment.
Their main hospital is accredited by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) as a tier 3 veterinary hospital, they were actually one of the first veterinary establishments to be awarded the title back in the 1970s. They also have 2 branch practices.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To perform consultation and medical treatment of animals
- To undertake surgical operations (including neutering and general surgery)
- To undertake, on a roster basis, emergency and out of hours qualified veterinary cover
- Maintain clinical notes and keep clients updated regarding the pets treatment and any laboratory results
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety
- Where possible, promote special offers, nurse clinics and other relevant practice news to clients
- To supervise support staff and direct and advise accordingly
- To have a continued commercial awareness and manage clients expectations with detailed estimates and regular updates
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the general public
- To handle and support other staff in relation to general client enquiries
- To undertake continued professional development associated with the role in accordance with the RCVS guidelines
- Other occasional duties at the discretion of the practice manager or practice principal
Essential role related knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience:
- Member of Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Post qualification experience in small animal practice
- Ideally, post qualification experience in large animal practice
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer literate
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Customer/client focussed
- Able to work well under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to work a variety of shifts including nights and weekends
- Team player
- Hold a full driving licence
Type: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Hours: Full Time
OOH: 1 night per week
Salary: Dependent on Experience
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next: Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch if you have been successful.
To discuss the role in more details:
Please call or email our team to discuss the specific details for this role such as practice details, exact location, salaries or any other queries you may have. Please also quote reference TM/19983 when enquiring about this vacancy.
To have a no obligation confidential discussion or to enquire about other positions in this area please contact us today on 01423 701 321, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff, to view more positions like this, visit http://www.recruit4vets.co.uk you can also find us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/recruit4vets