Permanent Clinical Director - Leicester
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Part of a group
- Their excellent first opinion clinics are based in south Leicestershire in the East Midlands, this is a thriving area with great motorway and rail links to Birmingham, London, and Leicester city centres for shopping and nightlife.
- The overall area is semi-rural giving the smalltown vibe, great for families, with good schools and plenty of activities as well as providing some great places to eat, drink and unwind. All this and the ability to escape off the beaten track and enjoy scenic walks through the local villages.
Team: A mixed team of varying ages and stages of career, offering a wealth of expertise.
- Visiting veterinarians to assist with both case management and team development.
- A nursing team that is focused on animal care and providing complete service to both staff and clients.
- A reception team that works hard on providing the best client journey.
- Their leadership team is passionate about employee welfare and strives to create a supportive and enjoyable place to work
- They have the usual toys, digital x-ray including dental x-ray, ultrasound including cardiology package, endoscopy, in-house biochemistry and haematology, and cytology.
Role: Clinical Director to join the leadership team to run the small animal sector of this large mixed animal business
Who are they looking for? Whilst some leadership experience would be beneficial, it is not essential as they are keen to find the right person for the role and full training and support will be given. The successful candidate must be a confident vet who can make clinical decisions, support junior members of the team, and appraise clinical provision. They are looking for a compassionate leader who sees their success as that of their team; the ability to communicate well with people and clients is essential, as is the ability to prioritise and delegate where required.
Hours: For the right candidate, they are happy to offer the flexibility of working hours to accommodate individual circumstances.
Weekends/OOHs: You will be expected to participate in a Saturday rota but there are no OOHs
Salary: Between £60,000 - £80,000 p/a dependent on experience and hours
• Competitive CPD of £1750/5 days funded plus leadership training which will not affect clinical CPD
• Cycle to work scheme
• Generous staff discount
• Buy and sell holiday scheme
• 7.33 weeks holiday (pro-rata) including bank holidays
• Life Insurance
• RCVS subscriptions paid
Ref: JN -062022-25656
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details