Permanent Clinical Director/Head Veterinary Surgeon, Peterborough
Our client is looking for a forward-thinking, dynamic, and motivated Clinical Director or Head Vet, as their current Head Vet is relocating. They are searching for a candidate who wants to join a team in an exciting role with the shared aim of driving the Hospital forward in its journey.
Our client's practice is a large RCVS accredited hospital with a roomy reception area and four consultation rooms, with branches across North Cambridgeshire and South Lincolnshire. The nurses utilize one of these rooms for discharging patients and holding their puppy, diet, and geriatric classes. The Hospital is fully computerised and very well equipped including Digital Xray, Ultra Sound, ECG, Rigid & Flexible Endoscopes, Diathermy, fully pumped dental tub table, and full Ultrasonic kit, Isoflurane, Cryo Surgery, ASIF kits, Incubator, Operating Microscope, and a very well equipped laboratory.
The Role and Candidate:
You will be working closely with the Head Nurse in making and implementing new protocols, procedures, and policies and carving out a vision for the practice, supported by the leadership team of the group.
You will be a progressive thinker, ideally have leadership experience (although training and support with this can be provided), and be willing to present alternative ways of working, in line with accepted, up-to-date, evidence-based principles.
This is ideally a full-time position 40.5hours/week but part-time/alternate working patterns will be considered.
Who are they looking for:
- An enthusiastic veterinary surgeon who is passionate about delivering high standards of care to both patients and clients.
- Someone who desires a leadership role within a changing, evolving Hospital environment (including help with oversight of the planned renovation works).
- A key player in the day-to-day management of the Hospital workload whilst offering support to branch colleagues.
- Someone who is respected by colleagues and clients and confident in guiding and coaching colleagues.
- Someone who is keen to continually improve their own professional knowledge and experience, with the ability to encourage similar development of colleagues and enable knowledge sharing across the team.
- Someone with strong organisational skills.
- Hold an appropriate qualification and be currently registered with the RCVS
In return, our client is offering an excellent package including:
- Salary up to £70,000 p/a dependant on experience.
- 5 weeks annual holiday, plus Bank Holidays.
- A minimum of £1,750 and a 5-day CPD allowance – more funding is available for relevant qualifications.
- RCVS fees and one other professional membership fee are covered.
- Health Shield plan.
- Company pension.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- A growing list of flexible benefits such as the ability to buy and sell annual leave
Ref: JN -052021-20454
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details