Permanent ECC/Night Veterinary Surgeon, Brighton
Are you excited by emergency work but put off by the prospect of long night shifts and an unsustainable working pattern? Our client may have the answer!
Role: Permanent ECC/Night Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Practice: Small Animal
Team: RCVS accredited practice with genuinely friendly, approachable managers and directors. Support overnight from a fantastic team of night RVNs and ANAs. Exposure to a wide range of equipment including CT, laparoscopy, and extensive in-house blood machines.
Facilities: On-site Specialists and Advanced Practitioners in cardio-respiratory medicine, imaging, ECC, and endoscopy.
Hours: Their night vets work split shifts, either 4 pm-12.30 am or 10.30 pm-9.30 am, to allow them to pursue their passion for ECC without becoming exhausted. They understand that some of the best ECC vets require flexible working so they will consider both full-time and part-time applicants. With 2 in 5 weekends, no requirement to cover a weekend or Bank Holiday day shifts, and an average of 35h per week, their night vets enjoy an excellent work-life balance.
Sole Charge: Some - supported by a team of RVNS and ANAS
Branch Work: No
Duties: The role will involve seeing first-opinion emergencies and providing continuous care for inpatients and referral cases.
Applicant Requirements: They are looking for a vet who is enthusiastic about emergency and critical care and ideally has some experience in this field (although not necessarily in a sole-charge or out-of-hours capacity). They will have a desire to achieve high clinical standards, and work within evidence-based medicine where possible. Due to the sometimes stressful and fast-paced nature of emergency work, they must have excellent communication skills. Most of all they should have a team mentality as we are a close-knit, friendly practice.
Salary: Basic salary of £40,000-£57,500 p/a dependent on hours, experience, and further qualifications.
- £1500 CPD allowance plus 35h paid per year to complete CPD. Further support for certificates available and encouraged.
- VDS fees paid, as well as one subscription of your choice (eg. BSAVA, VECCS, VIN).
- 5.6 weeks’ holiday per year (non-annualised hours contract)
- Excellent working relationships with their Member Practices.
- A policy of not transferring inpatients back and forth to Member Practices – they stay with us until they’re ready to be treated as outpatients.
- High clinical standards with extensive point-of-care diagnostics available to facilitate this.
- Interesting, varied caseload with lovely, committed clients who want the best for their pets.
- Lots of other benefits including enhanced sick pay, private health insurance, discount for staff pets, ability to bring your dog to work, on-site free parking, and contributory pension scheme.
Ref: JN -062021-20921
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details