Permanent Equine Veterinary Surgeon - Watford
We are currently working on behalf of an independent practice in Watford, this is looking for an Equine Veterinary Surgeon to join their friendly and supportive team.
- They are based in Watford with excellent transport links to London. They are adjoining an area of the outstanding natural beauty of the Chilterns.
- The welfare of our patients is and always will be our priority.
- Their main surgery is for both small animals and a separate ambulatory equine/large animal clinic, as well as a popular branch practice
- They are fully equipped with an ultrasound scanner, endoscopes, Dremel dental power tools, Dremel hoof power tools, laser, physio machines, practice laboratory, and much more.
- Across their practices, they have 4 Equine Veterinary Surgeons, 8-9 Small Animal Veterinary Surgeons, 14 Registered Veterinary Nurses, and 6+ Nursing students. There is also 40 Support Staff! They have Vets with Certificates in Small Animal Medicine, Equine PHD, and CertCHP.
- Their Equine Practice provides a very personal and professional service. They have extremely friendly colleagues and a good reputation for a good, honest ethical established practice.
- They also support their local scouts, orchestra, hospice, Macmillan fundraising and sponsor local equine events!
The Role and Candidate:
- The main duties will include ambulatory equine general practice for example colics, lameness, injuries, medicine, and geriatrics.
- The role will also include being responsible for your own first opinion cases but there will be support available.
- There will be travel involved but the locations are fairly local. The role can be physically demanding as the successful candidate will be dealing with horses.
- The rota involves working 4.5 days per week but this can be flexible. The shifts usually range from 9:00 am-6:00 pm over 4 days then 9:00 am-1:15 pm for 1 day a week.
- The rota does involve out-of-hours and weekends. The overnight duty is for emergencies only and that will be 1 night per week. The weekend duty is currently 1 in 4 for emergencies only or it could be 3 in 8 if preferred with time off in the week.
The practice is offering a competitive salary of up to £50,000 p/a (DOE) Plus a Car.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -032022-24661
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details