Permanent Experienced Veterinary Surgeon - Basingstoke
We are working with a client who is looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join their close-knit team in Basingstoke, Hampshire, on a permanent full-time basis.
You would be joining a very friendly team of 5 FTE Vets, 10 RVNs, 6 Receptionists, and a Practice Manager. They are a well-equipped, modern practice with the usual toys including dental X-ray, AO-ASIF kit including air drill, ultrasound machine, and multi-parameter monitor.
The Role and Candidate:
You should be a confident Vet with at least 3 years of experience.
- Rota is a 4 day week (40 hours), 9 am-7 pm.
- One Saturday in 3, 9 am - 6 pm.
- Saturdays are emergency only with no pre-booked appointments; there are 2 Vets, 2 Nurses, and 2 receptionists working on Saturdays
- No Sunday work, no OOH.
A normal day would look like this:
- 9-10 am, admits and transfers from OOH (if any).
- 10-1 pm, 15 min consults (30 min for complex cases and euthanasia)
- 1-3 pm, check your inpatients, lunch, and admin work.
- The operating Vet doesn’t have any appointments in the afternoon so usually manages to deal with the ops list but you are free to help between 1-3 pm if you want to do your own stuff (ie, ultrasounds or minor procedures)
- 3-6 pm, 15 min consults
You would have 1 operating day and 3 consult days per week.
- Salary of between £40,000 - £60,000 per annum depending on experience
- RCVS, BVA, and VDS fees paid
- Company Pension Scheme and other corporate perks including Pets at Home discounts.
- Funded and encouraged CPD
- Birthday day off
Ref: JN -022021-18607
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details