Permanent Farm Animal Veterinary Surgeon - Stirling
Type: Farm Animal
Location: Stirling, Scotland
Practice Type: Part of a group - ambulatory practice that specialises in Farm and Equine veterinary work, servicing clients in the Central belt of Scotland.
- Their farm workload is approximately 30% dairy and 70% beef and sheep.
- Their beef work is a good mixture of pedigree and commercial herds, allowing them to see the full spectrum of the industry.
- They are a progressive practice focussing on fertility planning and preventative medicine, along with the usual day-to-day emergencies.
- They pride themselves on their ability to offer clients dedicated Vets to large animal medicine who all have a high level of expertise.
About the Team and Culture:
- They are a 10 Vet practice that includes the Clinical Director, supported by a Practice Manager and 5 lovely Receptionists.
- They have several certificate holders in their individual fields and would welcome applicants who can bring this extra qualification or equally would support new employees to further develop their careers.
- They are a friendly, sociable practice with several good bakers so if you enjoy cake, you will fit right in.
- During the summer months, they like to support local agricultural shows and enjoy social events as a team.
Role: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Farm Veterinary Surgeon to join a friendly and supportive team
- You will be required to provide clients with an excellent level of service while carrying out routine/emergency farm work.
- Confident in all general aspects of farm work, from PD Scanning, Blood Sampling, De-horning, Castrations, Lambings, and Calvings
Hours: 4 days per week with 1:5 nights and weekend out of hours on-call rota. 40 hours per week
- RCVS Registered.
- Confident in all general aspects of farm work, from PD scanning, blood sampling, de-horning, castrations, TB testing, lambing, and calvings.
- OV qualification is advantageous but not essential.
Salary: Up to £55,000 p/a depending on experience.
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -042022-24729
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details