Permanent Head Registered Veterinary Nurse - Ealing
Type: Small Animal.
Location: Ealing, London.
Practice Type: Part of a group.
Team Info: The practice is a Nurse training practice, and you will be working alongside 1 experienced Clinical Director, 2 Veterinary Surgeons, 2 Nurses, 1 Administrator, 2 Receptionists, and 1 Practice Manager. They benefit from specialist surgeons regularly visiting the Practice to provide orthopaedic procedures and laparoscopy services and offer EMS placements for Vet Students.
Facilities: The practice is equipped with digital x-ray, ultrasound, large endoscope, rhinoscope, multiparameter, suction, electrocautery, microscope connected to the camera, and an internal laboratory for routine diagnostics. They have 2 large consulting rooms and a very bright reception and the upstairs floor is dedicated to office duties. They have an excellent and loyal client base which they value their relationships, they also support any charity initiative, and they often receive pets from Cats Protection and other local charities.
Role: They are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Head Nurse to join their close-knit team.
Duties: You will have plenty of support to allow you to thrive in this role working on a rotation between Ops, Consultations, and Inpatient Care. However, they are flexible and the position can be tailored to your interests, for example, if you prefer consulting or ops and inpatient care or nurse clinics, they have the capacity to allow you to focus on any areas you wish to (that is if you don't want the full mix of everything).
- They would welcome both full and part-time applicants.
- Typically, their RVNs work full-time, carrying out a 40-hour week over 4 or 5 days.
- However, they know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and they want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance therefore they can discuss and offer condensed hours/days that work for you.
- There are no weekends or OOH.
Salary: Competitive salary up to £40,000 p/a DOE
Benefits: Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of the business. Investing in people, premises, and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee well-being, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -092023-29598
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details