Permanent Head Registered Veterinary Nurse - Peterborough
Our client is looking for a forward-thinking, dynamic, and motivated Head Veterinary Nurse. The ideal candidate will be excited to join the team in driving the Hospital forward in its journey, working closely with the Senior Leadership team to implement new protocols, procedures, and policies.
Our client's practice is a large RCVS accredited hospital with a roomy reception area and four consultation rooms, with branches across North Cambridgeshire and South Lincolnshire. The nurses utilize one of these rooms for discharging patients and holding their puppy, diet, and geriatric classes. The Hospital is fully computerised and very well equipped including Digital Xray, Ultra Sound, ECG, Rigid & Flexible Endoscopes, Diathermy, fully pumped dental tub table, and full Ultrasonic kit, Isoflurane, Cryo Surgery, ASIF kits, Incubator, Operating Microscope, and a very well equipped laboratory.
Who are they looking for:
- You will be a progressive thinker, and willing to present alternative ways of working, in line with accepted, up-to-date, and evidence-based nursing principles.
- An enthusiastic head veterinary nurse who is passionate about delivering high standards of nursing care to patients and driving exceptional client care throughout the Hospital.
- A key player in directing workflows throughout the hospital, supporting the nursing and vet teams within the hospital and branches, to ensure the smooth running of the day
- Someone who is both an excellent leader and a strong clinical nurse, to encourage and develop the nursing team
- Someone who is keen to continually improve their own professional knowledge and experience, with the ability to enable knowledge sharing across the team.
- Someone with strong organisational skills, with the ability to organise and manage a clinical team
- Flexible approach to working hours to enable the delivery of a high standard of nursing care to patients
- Hold an appropriate nursing qualification and be currently registered with the RCVS
- Your standard working hours will be an average of 40.5 hours per week including participation in a weekend rota.
- Full-time, permanent, although part-time requests will be considered.
In return, our client is offering an excellent package including:
- Salary up to £31,900 p/a depending on experience
- 6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- £600 CPD allowance with more funding available for relevant qualifications
- RCVS fees covered
- Health shield cash plan
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
Ref: JN -042022-24756
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details