Permanent Head Veterinary Surgeon - Charlton
Type: Small Animal
Location: Charlton, Greenwich
Practice: Small Animal
Team: A small but very experienced team consisting of 1 Vet, 2 RVNs, 1 SVN, and a Receptionist. You would be working alongside a Head Veterinary Nurse, RVN, and SVN, who are excited about this new opportunity and all very supportive. You will also be working alongside a supportive Practice Director who is an RVN and has been working in the industry for over 10 years. We are hugely supportive of each another and are constantly striving to improve the care we provide to our clients and patients alike. We also have the help and support of a visiting specialist orthopaedic surgeon, if needed. CPDs are supported and encouraged.
Facilities: The practice is very well equipped with digital x-ray, endoscopy, ultrasound, and full lab facilities on site.
Role: Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Head Vet to come in and make this their own practice.
- This is a varied position where you will have the opportunity to run the Practice the way you want with the support of the Practice Manager and wider team.
- You will be involved in managing and building the team, as well as a mixture of consults and surgery.
- No day is the same and they see a varied caseload of small animals including dogs, cats, tortoises, birds, and lizards, and the list goes on.
Hours: Ideally full-time, however, Work / Life balance is important to them therefore they are flexible with how many days/hours a week you would like to work. and can see anything from No weekends. No OOH.
Sole Charge: Yes
Branch Work: No
Applicant Requirements: Looking for a confident, experienced vet who has new ideas and wants to run the practice their way. They ideally would like an experienced vet who is keen to progress their career and put their own mark on the practice.
Salary: They are offering a salary of up to £65,000 p/a (DOE) plus Relocation Allowance paying up to £5,000, (subject to eligibility)
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- 6.6 weeks number of holidays including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,200 per annum CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -072022-25830
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details