Permanent Junior Ophthalmologist - Bristol
Type: Small Animal
Practice: Referral Veterinary Hospital.
- The Ophthalmology department has an incredible reputation and prides themselves in not only giving the best possible treatment and care to patients and clients but also in creating a supportive and encouraging working environment for colleagues.
- The dedicated Ophthalmic surgical suite is fully kitted out with the latest facilities including an Oertli OS4 phaco/VR machine, endolaser, high-frequency ultrasound, ERG, and cross-linking to name but a few!
Team: Currently, there is a team of 9 Ophthalmologists and an amazing nursing team who are dedicated to Referral Ophthalmology only. They are looking for a senior Ophthalmologist to work alongside them and give specialised advice and treatment when appropriate.
Role: Our client is looking for a Junior Ophthalmologist to join their dedicated team. The successful candidate will be a real team player and enjoy working as part of a multi-disciplinary Referral department.
Hours: Both full-time and part-time/flexible working would be considered across 4/5 days per week.
Weekends/OOHS: 1:4 weekends and 1 night per week on-call for out-of-hours emergencies.
Duties: Your job role will include duties such as; supervising patients in the hospital, managing your own caseload, offering effective Ophthalmic consults, and developing your ophthalmic surgical techniques. You will be able to independently triage emergency ophthalmic patients and provide appropriate out-of-hours care.
MRCVS. You will be studying towards, or have obtained, a Certificate in Ophthalmology and be able to effectively perform Ophthalmic examinations and basic surgical procedures. Comfortable liaising with Referral clients, to working as part of a Referral team.
Salary: Competitive Salary - Commensurate with experience (between £40,000-£55,000 p/a)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -042022-24927
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details