Permanent Large Animal Veterinary Surgeon - Gloucester
Type: Large Animal
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire
Practice Type: Part of a group
Team: They have an in-house Laboratory with dedicated technicians, providing advanced diagnostics such as Johne’s and Neospora testing with bulk tank and mastitis culture and sensitivity. Alongside the clinical team is an excellent office team, a Vet Tech, NACFT Foot Trimmer, and 4 TB Testers, allowing them to provide a high standard of veterinary services to their clients. They have regular clinical and whole-farm team meetings to support, encourage, and develop the team
Role: They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Large Animal Veterinary Surgeon to join their friendly, dedicated, well-established RCVS-accredited practice in Gloucestershire with an enviable reputation.
Hours: Both full and part-time/flexible working arrangements will be considered for the right candidate
Weekends/OOHs: 1 night on call per week, 1:5 weekends
Skills/Exp: They are open to all experience levels. Applicants must hold a full UK driving licence and be RCVS registered to apply.
- The ideal candidate will enjoy routine dairy work, with a varied amount of beef, sheep, gamebird, smallholder, and export work.
- The practice radius is fairly tight allowing for more time on the farm and less time on the road.
- As an experienced vet, you will support and mentor more junior colleagues including the VetGDP of our New Graduate.
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits, depending on experience
- 6.6 weeks paid holiday including bank holidays
- £1,750 CPD Allowance per annum
- Company vehicle
- Health Shield – wide-ranging contributions for health and well-being treatments – from dentistry to sports massage
- RCVS Membership paid
- Two other membership subscriptions
- VDS cover
- Generous veterinary staff discount for companion animals
- My Perks – offers, discounts, and cashback on shopping, travel, entertainment, and much more
- Regular pay reviews
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Career progression and development opportunities
Ref: JN -012023-27545
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details