Permanent Lead Registered Veterinary Nurse - Enfield, London
Type: Small Animal
Location: Enfield, London
Practice: Part of a group - They are a progressive, forward-thinking, premium veterinary group, based in London, Hertfordshire, and Cambridge. They have a mix of small and medium-sized first opinion practices supported by four large 24-hour hospitals.
Role: The Lead Nurse will work effectively with the Clinical Nursing Manager to Lead an area within the practice as part of this well-established team and provide a high level of clinical standards. The areas of responsibility allocated will depend on interests and experience for example Education, Surgical, and Medical. Alongside this, you will be part of the general nursing team providing support within the whole practice. This role involves line management and time is allocated aside with a balance of approximately 95% clinical and 5% admin.
- You will also ensure that patients are managed as effectively as possible from a nursing perspective to support the profitability and further growth of the practice whilst also maintaining good communication with other Lead Nurses and the Clinical Nursing Manager. You will need to provide leadership for those working within your team, oversee the implementation of high nursing standards, and offer support as required.
- Working with the Clinical Nursing Manager, the Lead Nurse will be responsible for ensuring new members of your team complete their induction where you will provide feedback to them, coach and mentor them, and complete their Performance Plans as required. They are committed to training the next generation of nurses and are proud to provide a high level of support and mentoring to students.
- You would be joining a team of 5 Vets, some of whom hold postgraduate certificates in Surgery, Medicine, and Ophthalmology. We have a varied and interesting caseload where RVN support and input are appreciated and valued.
Candidate: A Clinical Coach/Supervisor qualification would be advantageous; however, encouragement and training would be given to those without previous coaching experience. This role would suit an RVN with some level of experience in an area of nursing and/or leadership.
Hours: Full time, 42hrs a week, 1:6 Saturdays
Salary: Competitive salary of up to £37,275 per annum - that is reflective of skills and experience
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your birthday
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Enhanced sickness policy
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- CPD allowance and allocated CPD days
- Access to an extensive range of clinical and non-clinical learning and development programmes
- Progression & development opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Discounts with PetPlan
- Wellness program, including;
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Gym membership discount
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Flu vaccine voucher
- Recruitment reward scheme
Ref: JN -112023-30128
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details