Permanent Lead Registered Veterinary Nurse - Glasgow
Role: Permanent Lead Registered Veterinary Nurse
Type: Small Animal
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Practice: Part of a group. That is an award-winning group of small animal practices that have been serving Glasgow and the surrounding areas for 50 years.
Team Info: They have an experienced and welcoming team across 7 practices across the Glasgow area
Facilities: They are proud of their purpose-built Veterinary Hospital in Glasgow, which specialises in Orthopaedic referrals as well as primary care all year round. They can offer you a great caseload and kit including an excellent Ultrasound scanner, ECG, Endoscope and Bronchoscope, and regular visiting CT scanning.
Role: They are currently recruiting for 3 Lead RVN. This is an exciting opportunity to progress your nursing career into a leadership role whilst retaining and utilising your nursing skills.
- Lead Ward Nurse
- Lead RVN of Clinical Areas
- Lead Consulting Nurse
Key Responsibilities Are:
- Ensure the highest level of care of patients is implemented by all members of the clinical team
- Ensure that clinical protocols for your areas (Wards, Consulting and Clinical areas) are regularly reviewed, amended, and implemented by all clinical team associates.
- Perform clinical audits and provide feedback to the Head Nurse/CNM as directed via the Nurse Meeting
- Work with the Head Nurse/CNM to ensure the effective line management of your team. This includes PDRs, clinical audit feedback, and provide support as required.
- Work with the Head Nurse/CNM to ensure that all new nurses entering the business are supported to complete their induction
- Work enthusiastically with your team to help maintain a happy, efficient working environment, whilst ensuring practice policies are always adhered to.
- Attend and assist in the monthly nurse meetings to ensure ward, night, surgical and rotational teams are working together effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure biosecurity protocols are followed by all RVNs so the highest standard of hygiene is maintained environmentally and that aseptic technique are used for patients as standard.
- Provide clear, consistent, and professional leadership and act as a mentor for all staff by demonstrating professional awareness.
Hours: Full-time, with specific role shifts being discussed in the interview
Weekends: In line with the rota
Applicant Requirements: The ideal candidate will be organised, considerate, motivated and be qualified for a minimum of 1 year. Individual job descriptions are available upon request.
Salary: Competitive salary up to £28,840 p/a that is reflective of skills and experience
- 5 weeks holiday per year + birthday leave day
- 8 public holidays per year
- CPD Support
- Specsavers Free Eye Test (and voucher for glasses for VDU use if applicable)
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme with BUPA
- RCVS Fee Paid
- 1st opinion and referral hospital, excellent team ethos, and lovely clients
- Pension scheme – automatic enrolment and completely hassle-free
- Discount for own pets
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Enhanced company maternity/paternity
Ref: JN -012022-23602
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details