Permanent Mixed Night Veterinary Surgeon - Retford
Type: Small Animals and Farm Animals
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: They have been serving clients in and around Retford for over 50 years. They cater to farm and small animal clients, as well as wildlife parks and equine clients. Their clinic is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, including ultrasound with Doppler and ECG, digital DR X-ray, dental X-ray, video endoscopy, and a full internal lab. Their commitment to delivering exceptional service and care to clients and their pets is unwavering.
Team: Their team consists of 13 vets (including a certificate holder in small animal medicine), 10 RVNs, and 2 SVNs, with a range of experience from new graduates to seasoned professionals with 29 years under their belts. Alongside their fantastic support staff, they foster a welcoming and friendly environment where teamwork is paramount.
Role: Our client is on the lookout for a Night Veterinary Surgeon to join their dynamic team. You'll have the exciting opportunity to cover their out-of-hours service for both small and farm animals, working alongside an experienced Night RVN. Rest assured, the nurse will handle triage and contact you when needed.
- Their out-of-hours service operates from 18:00 to 08:30 Monday to Friday, and from 12:00 Saturday until 08:30 Monday on weekends.
- With a convenient 7 on 7 off rota pattern, you'll have the flexibility to create working patterns that align with your lifestyle.
- Whether you want to balance school holidays, navigate the school runs, or find that perfect home-work equilibrium, they're here to support you with flexible working hours.
Applicant Requirements: If you’re an experienced, friendly, and enthusiastic vet who thrives in sole charge situations then you might be a perfect fit for us! You’ll need to have excellent communication skills with clients and colleagues and share a passion for delivering outstanding client and patient care. Your responsibilities will include attending to urgent and emergency cases during out-of-hours shifts, as well as providing further workup and care for inpatients overnight. With confidence in handling OOH emergencies and critical care cases, you'll also be well-versed in farm emergency procedures such as lambing, calving, caesarean, prolapse, and down cow cases.
- A competitive salary of up to £63,000 (pro rata), depending on your experience
- They've got your back with relocation support of up to £5000
- Plus the flexibility to create a role that fits your personal circumstances
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
• All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -012024-30411
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details