Permanent Mixed/Exotics Veterinary Surgeon - Retford
Are you an adventurous and passionate Veterinary Surgeon looking to explore the fascinating world of Exotic animals?
Our client invites you to embark on an 18-month fixed-term contract.
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: They provide services for farm and small animal clients as well as wildlife parks and equine clients. Their well-equipped practice boasts cutting-edge tools such as ultrasound with Doppler and ECG, digital DR Xray, dental Xray, video endoscopy, and a full internal lab.
Role: Our client offering an extraordinary opportunity to immerse yourself in the captivating Zoo/Exotics field, along with honing your skills within Farm and Small animal it will allow a great and varied caseload. With state-of-the-art facilities and a dynamic team, this is your chance to shine!
Branch work: The role will be based between our clients' two practices which allows for a range of experience and a variety of workloads during the 18-month contract.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Mixed species veterinary duties
- Small and large animal surgical procedures
- Minor procedures
- Client liaison
- Working up cases
- Caring for hospitalised animals
- Treatment plans and visits
- OV work
- Sole charge
- OOH work
- New graduate support/back-up
Rota Example: Monday - Friday 08:30-18:00/19:00. 2:6 OOH weekends and 1 weekday OOH. Additional Saturday morning shifts (08:30-12:00).
Applicant Requirements: As a qualified Veterinary Surgeon with experience across companion and large animal species, you’ll possess excellent communication and organizational skills. While prior Zoo experience is not essential, they eagerly welcome your enthusiasm and passion for the world of Exotics!
Salary: Up to £63,000 depending on experience and up to £5,000 relocation support plus benefits.
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
• All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -012024-30410
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details