Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Cambridgeshire
Type: Mixed - Equine and Farm Animals
Location: Ely, Cambridgeshire
Practice: Part of a group
Sole charge: Yes
Team Info: They are an eight vet team with one certificate holder (Cert EP), and assistants currently enrolled for certificates which we actively encourage. They have two excellent nurses supporting their vet team
Facilities: They are a purpose-built practice with excellent facilities near the beautiful city of Ely, with easy links to London, Cambridge, many airports and the North Norfolk coast. They have superb equipment for carrying out first class veterinary care of both equines and farm animals. They have a very strong team ethos and thrive on supporting each other, learning new skills to develop ourselves, and having fun!
- The day starts with a vets’ team meeting, followed by calls throughout the day - mostly ambulatory but with good clinic facilities and equipment for both farm and equine inpatients.
- All the vets have iPhones and iPads for communication with clients and the awesome office staff.
- They see an interesting variety of cases across all farm and equine disciplines, and encourage vets to follow up their own cases, providing support with a senior vet where beneficial.
Applicant Requirements: They are looking for a team player with a desire to learn in a supportive environment - ideally with some experience but this is not essential for the right candidate.
Salary: Competitive salary (DOE)
- 5 weeks paid holiday, not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service-based holiday entitlement increases
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Plus much much more
Ref: JN -012022-23911
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details