Permanent Mixed Veterinary Surgeon - Swansea
Type: Mixed practice - Farm, Equine, and Small Animal
Practice Type: They are a large, independent, RCVS-accredited mixed practice, providing their own out-of-hours in a forward-thinking practice
About them: They offer high-quality care to all of their patients – great and small.
Their Equine work is primarily ambulatory but very varied and they try to provide as high-quality care as possible – stable side. To help them with this they have a fantastic portable digital x-ray machine, portable endoscope, rectal easi scanner, and electric dental equipment. They have a mixture of competition and leisure horses on their books and love organising client meetings to help educate and inform their clients of the latest developments available.
Their Farm clients consist of predominantly beef herds, sheep, and smallholders. They also have a few alpaca breeders on theirr books. Daily calls are based on herd health planning, sick animal visits, disease control, TB testing, reproduction work, and educating farmers through regular client meetings. They are passionate about their farmers and try to help them get the best out of their farms.
Their Small animal side is very large and consists of 5 branches and 1 Tier 3 Small Animal Hospital where they offer round-the-clock care for their small animal patients.
Role: They are looking for another wonderful, enthusiastic large animal vet (equine & farm) or mixed vet (equine, farm & small) to join their team and help continue to the high standard of care and push forward. Ideally, they’re looking for a permanent vet but will consider locum vets.
- This position would best suit an experienced vet, who is happy with both equine and farm emergencies (such as colic assessments & treatments, basic lameness, choke, calvings, lambings, caesars, etc.).
- For a permanent vet, they would prefer someone with an equine bias, but for a locum vet, they would consider a farm bias as well.
- If the vet would prefer to do some small animal work as well, this can be discussed at the time of application.
- Either way, they would require the vet to go on the out-of-hours rota for Large Animals (i.e., Farm & Equine). Their small animal on call rota is separate.
Hours: Full-time - 4-day working week (09:00 until 18:00), 1 in 5 large animals (farm & equine) on call
What they are offering:
- Great work-life balance to enjoy the amazing location of Gower Peninsula, Swansea, and the surrounding valley.
- A fully supportive environment for all team members – no matter how much experience, we all need a helping hand sometimes!
- A young and enthusiastic team, keen to take the large animal & equine side to the next level.
- Salary relative to experience. CPD budget, VDS & RCVS fees paid
Ref: JN -112022-27263
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details