We are working with a lovely 24hour practice in the Hartford area of Cheshire that is looking for an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their night team on a permanent basis. You will be joining a friendly dedicated on 7 nights on / 7 night off rota.
This mixed animal Veterinary Group operates throughout Cheshire, Manchester, Staffordshire, and the Wirral. The farm practice operates from 5 centers across Cheshire and North Wales with an additional two equine centres. They are members of the British Veterinary Hospitals Association, an official British Veterinary Nurse Association training centre as well as a Royal College Accreditated Tier 3 hospital. This branch practice currently employs a team of 8 Vets, 20 Nurses, 8 auxiliary staff, and 10 reception/administrative staff. Some of their services and facilities include:-
- Dedicated aseptic operating theatres
- Advanced gaseous anaesthetic systems and monitoring equipment
- Practice laboratory with a dedicated technician
- Separate dog and cat wards
- Separate isolation ward
- Dental stations with specialised dental X-ray equipment
- Imaging suite for X-rays and ultrasound
- Visiting CT and MRI scanners
The Role and Candidate:
The work pattern is for this permanent role is 7 nights on 7 nights off on a rolling rota 20:00-07:00 (an average of 38.5 hrs per week). This will include working on Bank Holidays as part of the rota. Ideally, you will have the flexibility to cover for holidays and sickness for other members of the team. A premium is paid for night working.
The General Duties
- Ensure familiarity and adherence to the RCVS Code of professional conduct and ensure that your registration with the RCVS remains up to date
- Ensure that your duties are carried out to the highest standard, and support the Head Veterinary Nurse with the smooth and efficient running of the practice
- Ensure that your areas of personal responsibility are carried out to the highest standard and with the commitment required to carry them out effectively.
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeons, in line with the code of professional conduct and schedule 3
- Support any nursing assistants and/or student veterinary nurses in all aspects of nursing care.
- Maintain a cleaning regime within the practice to ensure high standards are maintained throughout
- Ensure that all areas of your Veterinary Nursing role are completed correctly and efficiently following all guidelines
- Performance of reception duties when required and dealing with clients when admitting and discharging patients
- Advise clients on general pet healthcare
- Assist in the maintenance of good stock control in all areas of the practice
- Ensure that documentation and patient records are maintained and medications are correctly supplied to patients
- Complete the equivalent of 2 days of continuing professional development (CPD) each year, on topics discussed and agreed upon with your Head Nurse and branch manager. CPD must be recorded in line with RCVS requirements and a copy kept at the practice for regular audit.
- Reflect on your own performance, strengths, and weaknesses and develop yourself to maintain competence in all aspects of your role.
- Within their benefits package, there is a discretionary Summer and Christmas bonus scheme in place for eligible staff.
- Holiday entitlement is 28 days per year (including Bank Holidays) and this rises in line with service pro-rated.
- The organisation supports three days of CPD and offers a generous £250 allowance per year pro-rated for part-time staff.
- Benefits also include a workplace pension scheme, staff uniform, staff pet discounts and they also offer Healthshield benefits which cover the everyday health needs of staff by providing cashback for dental, optical, and physiotherapy costs, alongside offering wellness services such as a Virtual GP Surgery and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
Ref: JN -112020-17380
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details