Permanent OOHS Registered Veterinary Nurse, Birmingham
We are working with a well-established small animal practice in the Birmingham area of the West Midlands that is looking for an experienced RVN to work 1 OOH weekend in 6.
They are a sixteen-vet small animal practice, including a separate team that provides on-site emergency care for ourselves and local practices. They have a full range of diagnostic equipment including Doppler ultrasound, CR, ASIF and external fixation, endoscopes, tonovet pen, slit lamp, multi-parameter monitors, an in-house laboratory with an experienced technician, and lots of caring RVNs to provide a high standard of diagnosis, treatments, and hospitalisation for our patients 24 hours a day. They will provide funded CPD and are a friendly practice with a lot of experienced vets and nurses who encourage the sharing of knowledge and advice but welcome new ideas.
The Role and Candidate:
- The role is Saturday and Sunday, 7.00 pm to 8.30 am.
- You will work with a Vet, and a PCA is available until 9 pm.
- Checks on in-patients are required every two hours throughout the night, those at 3 am and 5 am are shared between the team.
- They are a small animal practice and provide OOH care to 2 other vets along with clients that have no provision.
- Duties include answering phones, dispensing medication, taking payments, carrying out lab tests, admitting and discharging patients, assisting night vet with any consultations or operations, administering treatments to in-patients as scheduled, walking patients, maintaining records, etc.
Benefits and Salary:
In return, our client is offering an excellent package that will be reflective of skills, experience, and hours of work. Full details of the benefits will be discussed in the interview.
Ref: JN -112021-22930
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details