Permanent Part-Time Registered Veterinary Nurse - Dewsbury
Type: Small Animal
Location: Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
Practice Type: This is a long-established first opinion Small Animal Veterinary Hospital with a fantastic mix of bonded clients.
Services/Facilities: They are able to boast excellent facilities; including on-site CT, dental suite, digital x-ray, and dental x-ray, ultrasound, in-house lab, endoscopy, excellent anaesthetic monitoring equipment including multiparameter monitors, separate wards for surgical, medical, isolation, cats, exotics and outpatients. With an emphasis on teamwork with an excellent support network for new staff members and high standards of both patient and client care.
Role: This role would suit an experienced RVN or newly qualified nurse, ready to build on their previous experiences gained whilst studying.
Hours: The role is part-time approximately 20-hour a week. The ideal candidate would work every other weekend then two weekdays the alternate week however the hours are negotiable. There is no on-call.
Duties: This role will enable the ideal candidate to develop their nursing skills through:
- Assisting with the care of animals
- Undertaking tasks set by senior members of staff in the basic care and running of the practice
- Communicating with clients, meeting, and greeting and completing registrations
- Monitoring in-patients, providing care and appropriate diets.
- Assisting vets during examinations and surgeries to ensure the correct procedures are followed for the cleaning and sterilising of instruments, equipment, and materials
Skills/Exp: They are passionate veterinary professionals who are committed to providing exceptional care. Their mission is to provide high-quality healthcare and strive to make visiting the vets a positive experience for patients and clients. Their core values are Clinical Excellence, Client Care, Patient Care, Teamwork, Development, and Positivity. They are looking for like-minded team members to come and join their fantastic team.
The Package: (Pro-rata)
- A competitive salary (up to £25,000 p/a FTE (DOE))
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Paid day off on your birthday
- CPD allowance
- Paid professional fees, including RCVS and VDS fees
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
Ref: JN -112021-22955
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details