Permanent Professor / Senior Veterinary Clinician / Clinician in Small Animal Diagnostic Imaging - Glasgow
- Are you motivated by clinical excellence rather than clinical targets?
- Are you looking for a fulfilling career where you can inspire the next generation of vets while maintaining clinical distinction, and still have time for interesting research?
- Following significant clinical salary restructuring, the Division of Small Animal Clinical Sciences is seeking to recruit dynamic, motivated Diagnostic Imaging Specialists to the following posts.
Type: Small Animal
Location: Glasgow - You will be based at the Small Animal Hospital 10 minutes drive from the vibrant “West End” of Glasgow, and less than one hour from Loch Lomond.
- The successful candidate will provide academic, corporate, and strategic leadership in the Small Animal Hospital (SAH) referral service by further developing the School’s expertise in Diagnostic Imaging.
- The role will involve leading high-quality clinical research and research-led education in partnership with other divisions and institutes within the College; driving the strategic expansion of the SAH academic developments, and delivering a high-quality service to referral small animal patients.
- Senior Clinicians / Clinicians:
- The ideal candidate(s) will hold a Diploma or equivalent qualification (Senior Clinician) but residency-trained colleagues due to sit exams and experienced advanced practitioners will also be considered (Clinician).
- The post can offer a significant element of ‘off clinics’ time for research and scholarship (including exam study) depending on interest.
- The role will also involve the delivery of clinical teaching to undergraduates, interns, and residents.
Hours: To be discussed during the interview - personable to the candidate
Practice and Team:
- The successful candidates will join a friendly and supportive team in a multi-disciplinary, state-of-the-art hospital.
- Their diagnostic imaging suite includes an on-site 1.5T MRI (Siemens Magnetom Essenza 1.5T MRI), a new 80-slice CT scanner (Canon Aquilion Lightning), digital radiography, C-arm, and ultrasonography (GE Logiq E9 for general ultrasound and a GE Vivid E95 for echocardiography).
- You will be supported by a team of three experienced radiographers. The ability to work well with others in a collegial team atmosphere is essential.
Package: Generous Salary - University Market Rate - Plus an additional generous OOH supplement and 21.4% employer pension contribution.
Ref: JN -012021-18306
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more details
Call: 020 3941 0957