Se4rch Veterinary Specialists are working with a well-established multidisciplinary small animal referral centre that offers referrals in small animal medicine, soft tissue surgery, orthopaedic surgery, medical neurology, spinal surgery, cardiology, and rehabilitation. They see referral cases from across the South West and South Wales.
Permanent Referral Veterinary Surgeon - Bath, Somerset
Type: Small Animal
Location: Bath, Somerset
Facilities: They have on-site MRI, CT, and separate modern surgical and medical endoscopy systems. They have a small friendly team that works together to support each other. They are part of a larger group.
Team: Their referral team consists of two Medicine Clinicians and three Surgeons. They have 9 Referral Nurses, some of which have certificates and the Advanced Nursing Diploma, with two nurses studying towards level 7 certificates.
Role: Our client is looking for a Referral Surgeon to join their small friendly team on a part-time basis.
Responsibilities will include:
- The role includes responsibility for managing surgical cases to a referral standard, and for communicating with clients and referring vets.
- Referral clinicians are expected to perform their own diagnostic imaging (radiography and CT) with the support of colleagues and remote specialist interpretation.
- Ultrasound and MRI imaging is performed by their medical team.
- CT training will be provided.
Hours: You will be working 2 or 3 days per week, between 19 to 28.5 hrs per week. The weekend and weekday night on-call rota is shared equally between referral clinicians, currently 1 in 7.
- To be successful you must have RCVS Advanced Practitioner status in Small Animal Surgery, with post-certificate experience in managing internally or externally referred surgical cases.
- You must have experience in both soft tissue surgery and orthopaedics, and be eager to continue developing your skills in both disciplines.
- Specialists / Diplomates in Small Animal Surgery are also welcome to apply.
Salary: Competitive Salary - Commensurate with experience and certification
• Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
• CPD paid days and allowance
• L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• BVA Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Service-related company sick pay
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -052022-25061
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more details
Call: 020 3941 0957