We are working with a friendly small animal practice in the beautiful area of Harrogate in North Yorkshire that is looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join them on a permanent basis. They are looking for enthusiastic RVN to join them on a full-time basis, although part-time would be considered for the right candidate.
Our client is committed to bringing affordable, high-quality care via a modern, well-equipped practice, including a theatre, lab, pharmacy, digital x-ray, and laser. Plus, on-site free car parking too!
Their Veterinary Nurses are encouraged to consult just as much as the Veterinary Surgeons, to fully utilise all their skills, and they fully support every opportunity to develop your own passion. They’re supportive, with a track record for looking after new grad vets and nurses.
With three dedicated Client Care Assistants and a wonderful Practice Manager, the reception areas and insurance paperwork are covered so that nurses can dedicate more of their time to building their strong relationships with their clientele.
This role is a full-time role, 40 hours per week with 1 in 4 Saturdays although they will consider part-time hours for the right candidate. They encourage a good work/life balance so TOIL days will be offered before or after the weekends you work. They are fans of flexible working as well, so if full-time isn’t quite right for you then please let us know and they will discuss. Sole Charge will be required at weekends and on Bank Holidays, but always with a Vet and Receptionist.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
- Greet clients and their pets for appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
- Prepare, identify and record results from radiography equipment
The successful candidate will be qualified as an RVN and willing to be a clinical coach. They will share the enthusiasm for clinics, surgical nursing, and inpatient care, and have a good rapport with clients. Liking people is as important as liking animals for us. They're looking for someone diligent, with good attention to detail, who is naturally empathetic and loves being part of a team that works together to become more than the sum of their parts.
They love to develop people and encourage school work experience and EMS students, so the ideal candidate will be willing to mentor. They believe in a just culture and foster and safety culture. They are an inclusive and friendly bunch and want you to feel that you can work in a place where you are true to yourself. Diversity is enthusiastically embraced!
In return, our client is offering a competitive package that includes:
- A competitive salary - From £18,000 p/a for New Graduate
- Excellent Career Development Opportunities
- Flexible working hours and no OOH
- Contributory pension scheme
- Income Protection after 1 Years Service
- Birthday Day Off
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BVNA, etc) and Uniform
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
If you are interested in this role and would like more information please just get in touch and our team will be happy to give you guidance on the next steps.
Ref: JN -102020-17193
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details