We are working with a well-establish veterinary practice in the Stoke-on-Trent area that is looking for an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse to join them on a full-time permanent basis. All staff are expected to work to the highest of clinical standards and candidates must be RCVS registered and fully qualified and a driver with access to a vehicle.
Our clients' aim within the practice is to treat their patients as though they were their own animals and to treat clients in the way they would wish to be dealt with themselves. This philosophy should be carried through at all levels, in terms of demeanour, appearance, professionalism, and communication (between vets, clients, external providers such as laboratories, and staff across the whole firm). They all have a part to play in ensuring the smooth running of the various aspects of the practice.
As this group has many branches it might be necessary for you to support other practices and be considerate of their needs as well as the needs of your own branch. Occasionally due to unforeseen circumstances, staff may need to be seconded to facilitate cover at other surgeries, and your co-operation in supporting the logistics of this may be required. This will particularly apply to the other Vet branches where you may be asked to provide cover.
At this practice, you will be joining a team of:-
- 3 Vets
- 4 Nursing team
- 2 Receptionists
The Role and Candidate:
This is a full-time permanent role where you will be working hours that are based on working 39 hours per week, working between 8.15 am and 7 pm rotating early/late shifts according to the requirements of the rota.
There is a requirement to work a 1:6 weekend rota working 8.30 am - 1 pm and 4 pm - 6 pm on Saturdays and 12 noon – 1 pm Sundays, all of which is paid as overtime. Although there are no on-call, weekly late in-patient checks required on a roughly 1:6 rota.
Candidates must be RCVS registered and fully qualified and a driver with access to a vehicle.
This role will cover nursing duties across the practice requirements and adherence to the RCVS Code of Professional Code.
You must seek to ensure the health and welfare of animals committed to your care and fulfill your professional responsibilities, by maintaining five principles of practice:
1. Professional competence
2. Honesty and integrity
3. Independence and impartiality
4. Client confidentiality and trust
5. Professional accountability
In return for all your hard work and dedication, our client is offering a benefits package that includes:
- A discretionary Summer and Christmas bonus scheme in place for eligible staff.
- Holiday entitlement is 28 days per year (including Bank Holidays) and this rises in line with service.
- The organisation supports two days of CPD and offers a generous £250 allowance per year.
- Workplace pension scheme,
- Staff uniform,
- Staff pet discounts
- Healthshield benefits cover the everyday health needs of staff by providing cashback for dental, optical, and physiotherapy costs, alongside offering wellness services such as a Virtual GP Surgery and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
- Support for CPD (for full-time staff three days/year, £600)
- RCVS membership fees re-imbursed
Ref: JN -012021-18146
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details