Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse Inpatient Coordinator - Bognor Regis
Type: Small Animal
Location: Bognor Regis
Practice Type: RCVS accredited 100% Small Animal Vet group based in West Sussex
Facilities: They have a hospital based in the fantastic location of West Meads, which supports their two Chichester-based branch sites. They have 2 branch clinics within a 20-minute drive and ample, free car parking at all 3 sites. Their surgery is loaded with all the usual toys including; Digital Xray, Ultrasound, Endoscopy, Cryosurgery, Radiosurgery, and a fully equipped lab.
Team: Their surgery is made up of a large, evolving team of 5 Veterinary Surgeons, 4 Long term locum Vets, 6 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 3 Student Veterinary Nurses, and 5 Animal Nursing Assistants plus, a dedicated team of receptionists and admin support. They have several team members working towards their certificates in a number of areas, and they pride themselves on being a progressive practice that actively encourages and supports personal development.
Role: You will be involved with inpatient care and oversee the day-to-day running of their onsite hospital; organising the support staff, preparing and recovering day patients, and overseeing the well-being and continued care of inpatients, with the flexibility to help where required within the veterinary practice.
- You will be required to work 40 hours per week Monday-Friday, with varying shifts between 7 am-4 pm or 8 am-5 pm, with an hour for lunch.
- There is a 1:6 Saturday rota, working mornings between 8 am-12 pm although this is flexible due to the nature of the job.
- Their out-of-hours is covered by a dedicated ECC supplier and their in-patient care is supported by this means. (This has the potential to change in the future but would be up for negotiation).
Skills/Exp: They are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse that has the passion, drive and high standards to run an efficient day-patient hospital. You will be required to have a positive, hardworking attitude that enjoys a varied caseload and can keep up with the demands that this role will bring. They are currently upgrading their Nurse clinics, so an interest in this area would be an advantage.
Sole Charge: Some
Salary: Competitive salary of up to £27,000 p/a (DOE)
Benefits: (subject to pro-rata)
- Increasing holidays based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -062022-25579
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details