Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Chesham, Buckinghamshire
Type: Small Animal
Location: Chesham, Buckinghamshire
Practice Type: Part of a group - practices across the area
Facilities: They are very well equipped with an endoscope, laparoscopic bitch spays, ultrasound scanner, DR and CR Radiography, Class 4 Laser, 3 consult rooms, and an in-house. They have lots of members of the veterinary team either engaged in or achieved certificates in oncology, ophthalmology, physiotherapy, dentistry, anaesthesia, emergency and critical care, orthopaedics, small animal medicine, feline medicine, and dermatology. They also have members of the team with a special interest in animal behaviour and dog training and of course wellbeing. As a practice, they actively support a number of different charities both locally and nationally each year including StreetVet, Marjorie Nash Cat Rescue, and Macmillan Cancer Support.
Team Info: Across their 4 sites they have 16 FTE vets, 19 RVN, 5 SVN, 13 Veterinary Receptionists, and an extensive admin team made up of Practice Manager, Team Development Manager, Admin Manager, Group Nursing Manager, Clinical Manager, Facilities and Cremations Manager, Insurance Coordinator, Office Secretary, and Office Assistant. Fully supportive management structure with 2 Clinical Directors and 1 Practice Manager. On top of this a full team of Heads of Departments running monthly catch-ups.
Role: They like to start the day how they intend it to finish, organised. They hold a ward round in the morning, which consists of the clinical team discussing the plan for the day and any hospital inpatients they may have. This is a great way of sharing information with the team giving time for professional discussion.
Hours; This is a full-time role of 40 hours per week including a 1:5 weekend rotation. The out-of-hours cover is currently very minimal being an evening on call until 9 pm Mon – Fri and Saturday and Sunday on-call are covered by an external out-of-hours provider.
Branch work: Yes, shifts will be shared between their practices (this can be discussed at the interview)
Sole Charge: At some branches
Duties: Their nurses are designated areas to work in prior to the day so they are aware of what their responsibilities will be.
- They do work very closely as a team to ensure they support each other during the day.
- They are very proud of their nurses and encourage them to use all their skills and knowledge across all aspects of the role.
- They have the opportunity to work in theatre, wards and take part in nurse clinics, and train the next generation of nurses.
- The successful candidate will be a Registered Veterinary Nurse who is looking for a Veterinary family in which they can grow and flourish.
- They will need to be friendly, empathetic, efficient, competent and of course, a little crazy where possible.
- They are a Veterinary Nurse training centre so an interest in nurse training would be desirable.
Salary: They are offering a very competitive salary of between £21,500-£28,000 p.a which is reflective of skills and experience
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
Ref: JN -012022-23695
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details