Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Edinburgh
Type: Small Animal
Location: Outskirts of Edinburgh
Practice: This is a family-run, small animal practice established in 2003.
Facilities: They provide outstanding clinical services and state-of-the-art facilities including digital x-ray, ultrasound, video endoscopy, soft tissue, orthopedic and ocular surgery. This clinic was one of the first practices to enroll in the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Practice Standards Scheme which is designed to give clients peace of mind that the practice provides the very best facilities and care. They are a nurse training practice and very much enjoy this teaching role.
Team: They have a wonderfully friendly team of Vets, Nurses, VNA, and support team.
Role: Our client is seeking a full-time Veterinary Nurse for their fast-paced practice. That is a successful privately owned, practice with many in-house capabilities including digital x-ray, ultrasound, and endoscopy.
Hours: The hours for this full-time role are approximately 40 per week. Additionally, there is a shared weekend
rota (Saturday 8.30 am to 12 pm) of 1 in 2. They actively promote a strong work-life balance, knowing how important it is for a happy workplace, particularly in these difficult times
Shifts: 8.30 am to 6 pm weekdays with the exception of 1 day finish at 4 pm. 1 in 2 Saturdays 8.30 am to 12 noon.
Candidate: Applicants should be friendly and confident. You will be a veterinary nurse who enjoys working as part of a great team, who has good all-round nursing skills and fantastic communication skills.
- They strive to provide a fun and supportive work environment for all of their employees and value a team that works together in a supportive fashion to provide excellent empathetic care to clients and their animals.
- They aim to achieve a diagnosis through comprehensive work up wherever possible, in order to offer the best care for the patient and sustain the most varied and interesting work environment they can for their vets and nurses.
- They value working as a team and being kind to each other, with a good work ethic and ability to manage case-loads with enthusiasm and good humour.
Salary: Competitive circa £24,000 p/a DOE
- 29 days off per year including bank holidays (the majority of which are
- taken in lieu)
- Pension provided
- RCVS, VDS fees paid
- Uniform provided
- Cycle to work scheme if requested
Local Area: They are situated just outside Edinburgh, with some fantastic outdoor places to explore and a beautiful city to go out in. There is anything from hillwalking on the local Pentland Hills to water sports on Gladhouse Reservoir and at Portobello. There is mountain biking at Glen Tress and Innerleithen. Edinburgh as a city offers lots of bars and cafes and Harry Potter for fans of J K Rowling! Locally they also have Buccleuch Park with the Restoration Yard shops and cafes to visit and the park to explore and also Vogrie with its many walks. The coast is not far away and Munro-Bagging and skiing is only a couple of hours drive away. A local dry slope caters all year round.
Ref: JN -032022-24518
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details