Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Halesowen
Type: Small animal
Location: Halesowen, West Midlands
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: The main hospital is based near Birmingham. It is just a short drive into Birmingham City Centre or if you prefer to explore the great outdoors then there are some lovely outside spaces only a short drive away such as Saltwells nature reserve, Kinver Edge, or the Clent Hills. They offer on-site CT scanners, MRIs, ultrasounds, dental x-rays, endoscopy, K-laser, and laboratory.
Team: The practice has a large and enthusiastic team spanning over 7 surgeries. The vets have a variety of interests and hold certificates in medicine, surgery, cardiology, imaging, and exotic patients. Some of the nurses hold certificates in exotics and zoo medicine, feline nursing, and ECC too.
Role: They are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to work across all sites within the group. This is a perfect opportunity if you would like to expand on your knowledge and expertise, whilst having exposure to a varied caseload. This role offers flexibility along with an opportunity to work within the larger group amongst a well-established team that has a variety of certificate holders such as; surgery, medicine, imaging, ophthalmology, and exotics.
Hours: Full and part-time flexible working hours available. They're all about options that fit your lifestyle. Whether you're looking for part-time hours or a schedule that adapts to your life and commitments. They're all about giving you the flexibility required, let's make work, work for you!
Duties: You will carry out all general nursing duties,
- Theatre practice,
- Basic laboratory tasks,
- Patient admits and discharges,
- Triaging patients/calls.
- You will also assist with pricing of procedures, stock ration, ordering, supporting student nurses and new grad vets.
- They like their nurses to use their nursing skills as much as possible and are fortunate to work alongside a full team of reception, admin, and veterinary auxiliaries staff allowing you to concentrate on providing the best possible care.
Salary: The salary for this role is up to £29,000 p/a depending on experience.
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
• All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -052023-28866
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details.