Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Hertfordshire
Type: Small Animal
Location: Two practices between Barnet and St Albans
Practice: Part of a larger group
Facilities: They have two lovely surgeries that both have friendly clients, with a large uptake of insured pets. Both surgeries are well equipped. They have a great local reputation and enjoy being very much part of the local community.
About the Team and Culture:
- They have 4 Vets, a Practice Manager, 7 Nurses, and 2 Receptionists. You couldn't find a friendlier team!
- They have amazing staff retention; most have been here for many years. Everyone is super supportive, clinically, physically, and emotionally.
- They have great clients, almost all of who have come to us from a personal recommendation, and they are renowned for the personal attention they give to patients and their owners.
- They are looking forward to getting involved again with community projects, such as local dog shows and school visits. Several of their staff bring their own dogs with them to work and they can always find a peaceful place for them to settle down!
Role: They are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their friendly team.
Duties: The role involves all regular RVN duties including surgical nursing, inpatient care, and nursing clinics.
- This is a full-time position of 39 hours per week, this can be over 4 or 5 days.
- Shifts will typically include 2 lates a week, theirr flexible staff can always swap if these are on days that don't suit.
- 1 in 4 weekends, but no OOH.
- Would also require a candidate to do some shifts at their sister branch
- They are looking for an RVN but no further experience is required.
- They need a team player - they have a very low staff turnover and most of their staff have been with them for years.
- They're a very sociable bunch and need someone who will enjoy being part of their friendly team.
- New ideas are always listened to and they would love someone who would enjoy helping with clinics and with the information events they put on for clients.
Salary: The salary is up to £24,000 p/a depending on experience
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
Ref: JN -042022-24986
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details