Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse, High Wycombe
Type: Small Animal
Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Practice Type: Part of a group - 4 practices across the area
Facilities: They are a fully equipped and modernised RCVS accredited practice striving to achieve the highest standard of care in South Buckinghamshire. They are constantly evolving to suit patients' needs and client’s expectations. They now have an endoscope, laparoscopic bitch spays, ultrasound scanner, DR and CR Radiography, Class 4 Laser, 4 consult rooms, and an in-house Lab.
Team: They have lots of members of the veterinary team either engaged in or having achieved certificates in oncology, ophthalmology, physiotherapy, dentistry, anaesthesia, emergency and critical care, orthopaedics, small animal medicine, feline medicine, and dermatology. They also have members of the team with a special interest in animal behaviour and dog training and of course wellbeing.
Team Info: Their team is made up of 16 Veterinary Surgeons, 18 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 7 Student Veterinary Nurses, 14 Reception staff, and an extensive Admin team made up of a Practice Manager, 2 Clinical Directors, Team Development Manager, Admin Manager, Group Nursing Manager, Clinical Manager, Facilities and Cremations Manager, Insurance Coordinator, Office Secretary, and Office Assistant. On top of this a full team of Heads of Departments running monthly catch-ups.
Role: They are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team on a full-time basis. The role they are looking to fill is a full-time role of 40 hours per week including 1:5 weekends. This is normally 4.5-5 days Monday to Friday.
Hours: The rota is over 15 weeks with 2 full weekends (Saturday 8 am – 6 pm, Sunday 9 am – 5 pm) and 1 half weekend (Saturday 8 am – 4 pm). When you work a full weekend, you get the following Friday off in lieu and if you work a half weekend you get a half-day on the following Friday.
They currently are only doing out of hours between 7:30 pm and 9 pm and then Vets Now take over. These hours are covered by specific people of a separate rota. An example week could be:
- Monday 8:15 am – 5:15 pm
- Tuesday 12:30 am – 8:30 pm
- Wednesday 10 am – 6 pm
- Thursday 8 am – 1 pm
- Friday 8 am – 4 pm
- Every morning the clinical team attends a 15-20-minute meeting called ward rounds. The theatre nurse tends to lead the meeting by introducing each patient and procedure and then discussing who will be performing the procedure, who will be assisting them when this procedure will likely take place, and what medications/ pre-meds will be required. This forms the plan of the day for the team.
- They also present the teams for the day, who they have, what times they are working, and in which department. They then discuss any inpatients they may have and who will be looking after them. The inpatients are discussed in more depth between the case vet and the wards nurse after rounds.
- They aim to offer a good all-around experience for their Nurses so everyone gets the chance to work in the different areas of theatre, wards, and nurse clinics.
- Their Nurses are extremely valuable to them and they like them to use all their knowledge and skills to the best of their abilities so they give them areas of responsibility in their chosen area of interest.
- This role will also include the exciting opportunity for some sole charge responsibilities at another branch.
- These include taking charge of stock levels, daily running, and promoting the growth of the branch.
- The successful candidate will need to be a Registered Veterinary Nurse who is looking for a Veterinary family in which they can grow and flourish.
- They will need to be friendly, empathetic, efficient, competent and of course, a little crazy where possible.
- They are a Veterinary Nurse training centre so an interest in nurse training would be desirable.
Salary: The salary is up to £26,000 p/a depending on experience.
Benefits (subject to pro-rata):
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -032022-24526
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details