Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Leeds
Role: Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse
Type: Small Animal
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Practice: It is our clients mission to make specialist surgical care more accessible. Their specialist surgical teams are up to date with the latest surgical techniques, and routinely carry out highly complex surgeries, enabling them to confidently take on the most challenging cases. They have fixed pricing, and everything they do is backed up by a unique Surgical Complications Guarantee that covers any complications arising from surgery within 6 months of the procedure.
Team: Consists of two Specialist Surgeons, one residency trained Surgeon and one Certificate holder with vast experience. The Surgeons are supported by 4 Interns, 11 RVNs and 3 Animal Care Assistants.
Hours: Full-time - Rolling rota which includes night shifts and weekend on call, with time off to compensate. Day shifts include 7-3, 8-4, 10-6, 11-7 and 12-8.
Weekends/OOHS: In line with rota
Duties: This is primarily a surgical nursing role but will include inpatient care, imaging, and monitoring anaesthetics. You will provide exceptional nursing care to patients in all areas of the hospital and deliver nursing care that constantly aims to improve patient safety and outcomes. You will also communicate a positive image of the hospital and its services and be friendly, helpful and approachable to all members of staff and clients.
- Their nursing team offers exceptionally high standards of clinical care to patients whilst communicating effectively with all other members of the hospital team and the pet owner. They are looking for people who share this ethos.
- They provide clinical services around the clock, 365 days of the year, so flexibility in working hours is essential.
- You will be a confident RVN with great communication, organisational skills and a passion for development.
- Along with existing experience, in-house training and external CPD will provide you with the knowledge and skills to carry out these duties.
Salary: Competitive Salary - Commensurate with experience (between £25,000-£30,000 p/a)
- 4 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
- 3 days paid CPD leave
- £550 CPD allowance per annum
- RCVS Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- VDS cover
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Plus much much much more
Ref: JN -092021-22231
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details