Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Livingston
We are working with a practice based in Livingston, West Lothian, that is looking for a small animal Registered Veterinary Nurse to join them on a full-time permanent basis.
The bright, air-conditioned surgery is purpose-built and has substantial equipment including; digital X-ray, in-house laboratory, ultrasound, dentistry facilities including separate dental x-ray, endoscopy, and ECG.
The Role and Candidate:
This is a permanent position working 40 hours per week with weekends on a rota basis. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
- Greet clients and their pets for appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
- Prepare, identify and record results from radiography equipment
You will have good experience in veterinary nursing, excellent customer service, and communication skills, be an effective team player, have a systematic approach when making decisions, and be able to carry out the role effectively with planning and organisation. You are friendly, down-to-earth, have a genuine interest in animal welfare, and enjoy the variety provided by clients and colleagues alike.
- Competitive salary dependent on your experience
- CPD allowance and support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BVNA, etc)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
Ref: JN -112020-17715
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details