Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Livingston - Weekends Only
We are working with a practice based in Livingston, West Lothian, that is looking for a small animal Registered Veterinary Nurse to join them on a part-time permanent basis to cover weekend shifts.
The bright, air-conditioned surgery is purpose-built and has substantial equipment including; digital X-ray, in-house laboratory, ultrasound, dentistry facilities including separate dental x-ray, endoscopy, and ECG.
The Role and Candidate:
This is a weekend role working Saturday 8.30 am-6.30 pm and Sunday 9.30 am-4.30 pm every week. This is a great opportunity if you are looking to reduce your hours for more free time in the week, or top your weekly hours up, whilst enjoying variation in your career, and with a guaranteed income each month! Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
- Greet clients and their pets for appointments, being sensitive to their requirements, and promoting a professional image at all times
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
- Prepare, identify and record results from radiography equipment
You will have good experience in veterinary nursing, excellent customer service, and communication skills, be an effective team player, have a systematic approach when making decisions, and be able to carry out the role effectively with planning and organisation. You are friendly, down-to-earth, have a genuine interest in animal welfare, and enjoy the variety provided by clients and colleagues alike.
- Competitive salary dependent on your experience
- CPD allowance and support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BVNA, etc)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
Ref: JN -042021-19982
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details