Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Type: Small animal
Location: Backworth, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: They are a long-established first opinion, small animal veterinary practice with 6 primary care branches in the northeast and a large group of staff. The position will be mainly based at 2 of the branches in Backworth and Shiremoor with occasional visits to other consulting branches in Gosforth and Ashington.
They are one of the only northeast first opinion practices with a CT scanner on the premises. They also have a range of Idexx in-house lab equipment including haematology, biochemistry, a snap test reader, and an electrolyte blood gas analyser. The equipment is modern and functional including digital X-ray, ECG, ultrasound, Laparoscopy, Endoscopy, 3 Doppler's, Bair huggers, multiparameters, and dental X-ray.
Team: They have a great team of Nurses including 10 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 3 Student Veterinary Nurses, and 3 Animal Care Assistants. Several of their Nurses are trained in schedule 3 procedures, allowing their Vets time to deal with more complex cases, and they also have Registered Veterinary Nurses working towards further qualifications in ECC, behaviour, and feline nursing.
- They are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team!
- The role will involve all general nursing duties such as surgery/medicine workups, clinics, and inpatient care before, during, and after surgery.
- They are looking for someone who is happy to work in a large team and who can provide high-quality clinical care to all pets.
- The position will be mainly based at two of their branches in Backworth and Shiremoor with some time spent at their other consulting branches.
Hours: This is a full-time or part-time role working a minimum of 16 hours per week. Shifts range from 7.30 am to 8 pm, each shift is 8.5 hours including a 30-minute unpaid lunch break. Saturday shifts are one in every ten 8.30 am-5 pm with the time given back for Saturday hours the following week. One bank holiday a year (excluding Christmas Day and New Year’s Day). No out-of-hours requirements.
Salary: Salary for the role is up to £29,000 depending on experience, pro rota.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Paid Birthday leave
- Company sick pay
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee well-being, including discounted gym membership
- CPD allowance
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
Ref: JN -062023-28938
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details.