Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Northampton
Type: Small Animal Hospital
Practice Type: They have newly refurbished sites around Northampton, with access to high spec equipment. At their hospital site, there is a large kennel area, including a cattery, an isolation suite, and a large prep room that is shared with the surgical referral team.
Services/Facilities: They have a fully equipped in-house lab. This position has opportunities for career progression including becoming a Clinical Coach. They provide a great CPD budget with monthly in-house CPD. A staff car park is also available onsite.
Role: They are looking for an enthusiastic Registered Veterinary Nurse who wants to further their career by joining their existing highly skilled and supportive team.
- This position is working in the first opinion and hospital team, working alongside a surgical and medical referral team.
- Shifts are worked on a weekly rota covering general surgery and nurse appointments.
- Also, a rota working onwards looking after day and hospitalised patients.
- The role includes emergency work and critical care nursing.
- The practice has opportunities to nurse a variety of cases and can have a high caseload from different areas.
- They are looking for someone who is driven and able to work on their own initiative.
Hours: This permanent full-time role has a mixture of early and late shifts
- Experience working in a first opinion practice and a passion for high standard treatment are essential.
- Full on-the-job training will be given.
- A full driving licence is needed as you may be required to drive the practice ambulance to collect animals from other sites.
Salary: Highly competitive salary of up to £26,000 p/a (DOE)
• 4 weeks paid holiday, not including bank holidays
• 3 days of paid CPD leave
• £550 CPD allowance per annum
• RCVS Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
Ref: JN -042022-24737
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details